Holiday Stuffed Chicken
- 2 thick strips of bacon, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- grated zest and juice of one fresh orange
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pkg (3 lb) whole chicken
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350F. In medium skillet, cook bacon and onions until onions are translucent. Stir in remaining stuffing ingredients; fill chicken with stuffing. Pour orange juice concentrate over chicken; top with rosemary. Bake 1 1/2-2 hours, until timer pops out. Let chicken rest 10 minutes, remove stuffing; carve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!