Wild Chicken 'N Sugar Snap Pea Casserole
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 pkg (16 oz) sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless split chicken breast strips, cooked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp curry
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a 2 qt. casserole, place wild rice, peas and chicken. In large skillet, melt butter and saute vegetables; add seasonings, broth and half and half; cook 10 minutes and add to casserole. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of cheese, top with remaining cheese. Loosely cover; bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!