Wild Rice Skillet Pancake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp minced fresh sage ( or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 pkg (14 oz) turkey breakfast sausage links, browned and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese with chives
- marinara sauce or ranch salsa, if desired
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 10 inch ovenproof skillet. In large bowl, combine flour, parsley, scallions, sage, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add wild rice and sausage; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add cheese, then combine well with wild rice mixture. Pour mixture into prepared skillet; bake 45-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Top with marinara sauce or ranch salsa (equal parts ranch dressing and salsa). Garnish with fresh parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!