Thai Beef & Wild Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or chuck
- 2 tsp dark or toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg (1 lb) cole slaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup Saigon sizzle stir fry sauce or Koren Teriyaki flavor
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crushed dried chili pepper flakes
- 8 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- In large skillet, brown beef in oil, season with salt and pepper. Drain; set aside. In large bowl, toss remaining ingredients, except lettuce, with beef. Spoon approx. 1 cup filling on each lettuce leaf; wrap up burrito style. Serve immediately.
Note: Great appetizers - use butter lettuce leaves in place of large leaves. Roll and secure each with a toothpick. Yield: 24-32 appetizers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!