Tomato Wild Rice Bisque
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes with puree
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup cooked, crumbled bacon (about six slices)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup finely sliced fresh basil or 1 tbsp dried basil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half
- In large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour, stirring until bubbly; gradually stir in broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through - do not boil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!