Tuscan Vegetable Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek (white part only), sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped (reserve fronds for garnish)
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 bag (24 oz) frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower & cheese sauce, thawed
- 1/2 bag (24 oz_ frozen green beans & garlic butter sauce, thawed
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14 oz each) vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese with dill
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat; saute leek, fennel, thyme, vegetables and 1/2 tsp salt for 5 minutes. Add green onions and broth. Cover; simmer 10-15 minutes. Add wild rice; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Add remaining salt, lemon juice and pepper. Ladle into bowls; top with cheese and garnish with minced fennel fronds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!