Wild Rice Beef & Broccoli Casserole
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen cut broccoli, thaw & drain
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp each garlic powder and Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place wild rice in 2 qt. casserole; add broccoli. In large skillet, brown beef adding seasonings; drain and add to casserole. In same skillet, lightly saute onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil. Add tomatoes; heat through. Blend in tomato paste. Add tomato mixture to casserole; toss. Add 1 3/4 cups cheese; toss lightly. Top with remaining cheese. Cover; bake until heated through (approx. 30 minutes). Uncover; bake 5 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!