Wild Rice Side Dish
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
- 1/8-1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (8 oz) mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Wash and drain rice. Melt butter in large skillet. Add rice, almonds, onions and mushrooms. Cook and stir until almonds are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325F. Pour rice mixture into ungreased 1-1/2 qt. casserole. Heat chicken broth to boiling; stir into rice mixture. Cover tightly. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender and fluffy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!