Wild Rice Stove-Top Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen white corn & butter sauce
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp each cumin and allspice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In heavy skillet, brown beef, onions and garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes, corn, soup and wild rice. Mix ingredients; cook on low heat 15 minutes, until heated through. Stir in apple, raisins and seasonings; cook 5 minutes. Fold in cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!