Wild & Zesty Soup
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups each chopped red onions, grated carrots and thinly sliced celery
- 10 tbsp flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 pkg (approx. 2 lbs) seasoned pepper turkey breast tenderloin, cooked and chopped coarsely
- 1 qt half and half
- 1/2 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese with hot peppers
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and celery until tender. Stir in flour; cook one minute. Gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils and is thick. Stir in thyme salt, pepper, wild rice and turkey. Reduce heat to low. Stir in half and half. Add cheese and stir until melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!