Beef Enchilada Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen white corn & butter sauce, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 2 cans (14 oz each) beef broth
- 2 cans (9 oz each) enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with hot peppers
- In large saucepan, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain. Add corn, chillies, beef broth, enchilada sauce and cumin. Cook uncovered over medium heat about 15 minutes. Add wild rice and cilantro. Simmer 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls; top with cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!