Vegetarian Wild Rice Chowder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp diced green pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 bottle (16 oz) picante sauce
- 2 boxes (9 oz) frozen niblet corn
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In stockpot, combine first 7 ingredients; simmer 15 minutes. Add wild rice. In saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Add milk, stirring until thick and bubbly; pour into stockpot. Top each serving with cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!