Wild Rice & Chilies Ground Turkey Bake
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 pkg (20 oz) lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen niblets corn
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place wild rice in 2 qt. casserole. In large skillet, brown turkey adding chilies and seasonings. Drain turkey; add to casserole. In same skillet, lightly saute onion and red bell pepper in oil. Add flour, stirring until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth. Add corn; heat through. Stir in milk. Add mixture to casserole; toss all ingredients. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese; toss lightly. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover, bake until heated through (approx. 30 minutes). Remove cover; bake 5 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!